“ A greater sense of organizational bonding can achieve what traditional HR aimed at for ages - lower employee turnover, high morale, effective personalized training & skill retention.” says Sunil Goel, GlobalHunt.
Thus the basic needs of HRIS is-
1. Efficiently storing each employee information and data for reference- personal data management, pay roll accounting, benefits management and planning.
2. Enabling informed decision making in day-to-day personnel issues, planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring Human Resource function.
3. Providing data / returns to government and other public
4. Facilitating decision making in areas like promotion, transfer, nomination, settling employee’s provident funds, retirement, gratuity, LTC, and earned leave compensation.
5. Cutting costs.
6. Improving accuracy.
The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is a software or online solution for the data entry, data tracking, and data information needs of the Human Resources, payroll, management, and accounting functions within a business. Normally packaged as a data base, hundreds of companies sell some form of HRIS and every HRIS has different capabilities. Pick your HRIS carefully based on the capabilities you need in your company.
Typically, the better The Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) provide overall:
· Management of all employee information.
· Reporting and analysis of employee information.
· Company-related documents such as employee handbooks, emergency evacuation procedures, and safety guidelines.
· Benefits administration including enrolment, status changes, and personal information updating.
· Complete integration with payroll and other company financial software and accounting systems.
· Applicant and resume management.
Being the most implemented project in enterprises, the potential for these applications is huge & can be gauged from the fact that every large software vendor, be it in ERP or CRM is bringing out products in this segment. BEA Systems (Weblogic Portal), Oracle (My Oracle), SAP (mySAP Enterprise Portal), Siebel Systems (ERM group of applications), IBM (Websphere Portal), PeopleSoft (PeopleSoft 8 HRMS) & Microsoft (Business Portal) are some of the major players.
The HRIS that most effectively serves companies tracks:
· attendance and PTO use,
· pay raises and history,
· pay grades and positions held,
· performance development plans,
· training received,
· disciplinary action received,
· personal employee information, and occasionally,
· management and key employee succession plans,
· high potential employee identification, and
· applicant tracking, interviewing, and selection.
Sunil Goel , GlobalHunt reiterates that an effective HRIS provides information on just about anything the company needs to track and analyze about employees, former employees, and applicants. Your company will need to select a Human Resources Information System and customize it to meet your needs.
Author: GlobalHunt India "http://www.globalhunt.in", which is the Top Executive Search Firm in India – A Recruitment Consultants and Placement Agency For the recruitment and placement of some of the top talent with its clients in the IT, Telecom, FMCG, Financial Services, Banking, Real Estate and Manufacturing Industries etc .